Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Speaking of weddings...

a year ago tonight, I was at our reception place setting up and decorating tables for what seemed like 1500 hours (only because my mom is a perfectionist and if I put something on crooked I had to do it again five times and ultimately she just ended up redoing what I did). The perfectionist thing, however, is not something I am complaining about. There is no way the reception would have been even close to as awesome as it was without her. I had the vision, she followed through and it all turned out amazingly well.

I also was eating ALL OF THE TIME. We had TONS of relatives in town which at my mom's house equals so much good food you think you're in some fantasy food land. I honestly questioned whether or not I would fit into my wedding dress. Especially since at this same time last year I was frantically trying to finish our favors which was actually a really fun job once we got to the point of stuffing them. We stuffed them with peanut butter M&M's (our favorite candy) but to do so, we sorted out all of the red, yellow, orange, and brown ones (fall colors...) So, the green and blue ones, we got to eat! And boy, did we eat those M&Ms... when my cousin Kristyn flew in, we spent a whole night (thursday I believe) 'stuffing favors.' Really, we were eating M&Ms more than stuffing...and two days before the wedding!

I am totally reminisent right now of last year. I'm glad we are having a one year anniversary (so hard to believe!) but it was so fun last year to have everyone we love all in one spot. And the two week vacation off of work was a definite bonus, too. And not to mention the whole marrying Tim, then going on a honeymoon thing. Yeah, that was pretty great. :)

Ahh memories...

3 comments:

quakewatcher said...

It was a 10+ event! It could not have been any nicer, or more beautiful.

Kristyn said...

hahahah Yeah we did! ahh, that was a fun night, better than doing homework for sure! We did the same thing for Pat's going away party. My dad and I kept eating them, and Bailey was right next to us incase any fell. You just have to love chocoholic dogs. Pat left today by the way. It's weird having him gone. Well, at the moment I'm home alone so its weird not having anyone here, but I walk past his room and its all empty. sooo weird. Happy anniversary!(whenever it is... sorry I'm bad at dates.)

bgunner said...

i can't believe that a year has already past.
i'm just hoping we get to see you again!!!!!!!!!!!!