Friday, September 23, 2005

Up to the high country we go!

We decided that for our anniversary we wanted to be somewhat conservative in terms of presents since we are spending more money than we've ever even seen in our LIFE on our house. That being the case, we concluded that the house is our REAL anniversary present but we wanted to do something fun to properly celebrate the weekend so it doesn't just feel like a normal weekend... So, we are going to spend the weekend in Flagstaff. I love the mountains...especially in the fall right before the snows come. It should be beautiful up there at this time of the year and I'm so excited to go hiking and to sight see some and to eat at these cool little restaurants in little historic places that remind me of my grandma's house...really, though, I'm excited just for the simplicity of enjoying the crisp mountain air and seeing some fall leaves. I heard about a really neat hike just south of Flagstaff in Sedona (another weekend trip we need to take...we've heard its awesome there, too! And Tim's work has a condo up there that he can use...bonus!) so we might stop by and go on that hike as well. I'm super excited-I LOVE the mountains-even the drive up there is spectacular! It is going to be so fun! More updates when we get back...

2 comments:

rachel said...

have fun! and, happy anniversary! you will have a great time! xoxo

pablo said...

Well, just as long as your conservative about spending money but wildly liberal about everything else in life . . .