Thursday, October 21, 2010

Always an experience.

Today I went to the eye doctor. I swear, I have had more issues with my eyes since moving to Seattle than I ever have in my whole. life. See here and here and here for musings on the eye drama I've had since freaking 2008. There's probably more postings about it but that should suffice for some brief history.

Anyway, after I initially found out that my eyes had an adverse reaction to contacts with a new (awesome) eye doctor (after the first proved to be an asshole), we FINALLY found resolution in the fact that if I wear daily contacts, I don't have a problem. It only took about 1.5 years to figure it out. And that included a year of swollen, goopy eyes and wearing glasses. UGH. I was ready to perform lasik on MYSELF by the end of that crap.

So.

Now I go to the eye doctor once a year versus once a week.

That was the long winded way of saying that today was my annual eye check.

Everything looked great and went smoothly.

Until.

The eye dilation. I HATE THAT.

But because she knew I was going back to work, she did a dilation that would allow me to look at a computer within a half an hour. The only problem? I was buying new glasses. So, I go to try on glasses and I can't see shit. Fabulous. Does this look good? I have no idea, I can't even see my nose or make out the general shape of my body. Grooooan.

So there's a hip young dude that works there and I ask him to help me. This is scary because when I say hip, I mean TOTALLY hip. In a way that I'm totally not. Flamboyant might be a good choice word for him.

So I pick a couple of frames I like then ask him what's cool. He gives me a pair that he "loves" because they have an Asian fusion feel, they are wire, small, and "just so chic." Ok.

So I try those on with the other pairs that I think I like but can't really see so who knows if I actually really liked them.

OF COURSE, he liked the pair he picked out.

Um, gulp. Internal debate: trust him or wait until I can see worth two shits?

Ah, screw it, fine, we'll go with those. Who cares anyway? Barring any 1.5 year eye allergy, I won't be wearing my glasses anywhere but at home so it doesn't matter.

At the end of the day once I can see again and have the glasses. And? I LOVE THEM. They are black/red, small wire frames and I think they are actually really cute. I never would have picked them out myself. So I'm glad I was half blind and my flamboyant friend helped me find some chic glasses. Well worth it.

No comments: