Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A fresh start.

Today was a sad, sad day on many fronts and in many regards but in many ways it was also the start of what is sure to become many good things.

First of all: two co-workers that I respected and have worked with for several years parted ways from our firm, one of which I was very close to and had a deep respect for. Saying it was tough would be an understatement. I understand, I get it, but, regardless: it was tough.

Secondly? I made the decision about a month ago to find a new home for the cats. Tim only wanted Bella so when he moved out a while ago I kept the cats. But, it has become increasingly apparent over the last few months that they are not getting the attention that they truly deserve because I am just not home enough to give it to them. In addition, we have a little boy who is deathly allergic to them and as things get more serious with us, I can't justify jeopardizing his health and well-being. So. I found them a new home, a good home. I found a REALLY nice couple who live in south Seattle that absolutely love cats. I met them, I've talked with them, I completely feel at ease and comfortable with them and what's even better? They LOVE the cats and the cats love them. The cats, even the cat who is uncomfortable with most people, warmed up to them right away....purring, cuddling with them, etc. I knew instantaneously upon meeting them that they were the right fit and the cats would get a good home and continue to have the best life possible. It was really hard but it was the right decision.

A picture of the kitty boys (aka obese twins, according to some). They will be missed but they are in a much better situation now. I de-catified my house so now Oliver will be much happier (and allergy free) when he's here.

So, in honor of the end of some things, but truly the fresh starts that happened today- both for my co-workers and for my two little kitty boys- I cracked open a nice bottle of red wine to toast to the next step of this journey in life... for all of us.

No comments: