Sunday, October 3, 2010

An un-wedding.

Sunday October 3rd was supposed to be a glorious, celebratory day. And it was, though in a different way than originally intended. We got an invite from a friend for her wedding on October 3rd, 7pm, black tie event, Seattle Fairmont. Perfect, can't wait.

A few weeks prior to the wedding? It was called off. I don't really think it's appropriate to disclose all of the details here but needless to say, it was probably for the best that it was called off. We were sad, for HER, but were told that the event would still be happening, it was just going to be an un-wedding celebration instead of a wedding celebration...same time, same place. Ok, we're in!

Justin and I at dinner... a little bit of a grainy iphone photo but I think it's super cute, regardless. I am just a little biased.

And a shot of me at dinner enjoying some wine. This was taken with Justin's phone (which obviously has a flash....) After dinner we danced the night away. In fact, one little kid danced so hard he absolutely projectile puked ALL OVER the floor. It was pretty priceless. As everyone knows, I am not in any way, shape or form a fan of vomit (in fact it's a small, er, ok more than small phobia- BUT it is getting better!) and I have never in my life seen so much barf fly out of someone...especially that small. Just saying. He was a dancing fool. NOTE TO SELF: stop dancing if you're dancing so hard you start to feel sick. Anywho. Justin and I had a fabulous time at dinner, dancing, and everything in between. We got some fabulous photo booth photos too. They are currently on display on the refrigerator at home. I have to say, for my first un-wedding experience? It did not disappoint.

No comments: