Wednesday, February 3, 2010

There is such a thing as bad elevator music...

Well that title just seems like it could win dumb statement of the year, huh?

But seriously.

In the almost 3 years I have worked in my office, NEVER, has there been elevator music. To my knowledge, the management/owners of the building haven't changed either. I'm not really sure what's going on but starting at the first of this year, I think that the building management's number one resolution was to play as much annoying elevator music as possible. I mean, really. There's been nothing normal.

We've had:
-Music that is completely unrecognizable but is from various eras: 20s, 30s, 50s, 70s (maybe some of that would be defined as "waltz" and "polka", I have NO IDEA...it was all like nails on a chalkboard to me...painful)
-Classical (and not GOOD classical...like out of tune blaring horns)
-Elvis (lots of Elvis...)
-Typical elevator music (aka: soft rock radio station-esque)

And today? Today was the kicker... it was FROGS AND BIRDS. I kid you not. I felt like I was in a freaking rainforest on my way up to floor 5.

Unbelievable.

UPDATE: Two more "genres" to add: Some sort of attempt at "island" music and funeral music. Both were beyond depressing.

No comments: