Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy birthday, Mom!

Today is my lovely mom's birthday... I won't disclose her age, not that I think she's sensitive about it but, well, I don't know, I guess I'm having doubts that maybe she doesn't want that broadcast everywhere.

She has had a rough part of the last few months of her life... shoulder surgery, double cataract (eye) surgery, and falling on the ice/severe concussion. Add to that continuing to take care of my grandma 24/7 and I'd say that she deserves a massive celebration today to start this next year out right. She is one of the strongest women I know and certainly deserves everything good that will come to her in this next year.

Here's to the next year, Mom... hopefully you can slow down, stay healthy, and enjoy some "you" time that isn't forced by a hospital or doctor. Happy birthday, I love you!

No comments: