Saturday, October 29, 2005

Thank you again for the reminder of why I don't have kids

My cat, Berkely, is high. Has anyone ever seen a whacked out cat? If I knew that incessant vomiting wasn't going to follow I might be laughing a little harder right now. She just ingested Clorox. And reveled in the five minutes (or more or less...I don't know) she had in the sink all by herself with the glorious clorox while I forgot that this was one of those times I had to keep a close watch on her. Does everyone see now why I don't have kids? I would go certifiably insane if I had to 'keep a close watch' on them 24-7...which I've heard is true. The kids would get down a whole bottle of clorox before I remembered about it. Then I'd be charged with neglect and known throughout the world as the worst mom on the planet. No thanks.

For now I'll just be a cat mom and deal with the occasional slip up and stupidity on my part of leaving hazardous materials out for them to eat. Then I'll watch them be high and clean up their puke. And pray to everything that by the time we decide to have kids I'll have more of a mom instinct.

3 comments:

Chels182 said...

You'll be a great mom!! I'm glad your cat is ok!

P1 said...

Didja get many trick or treaters?

bgunner said...

I agree with chels182 - you'll be a great mom - as long as you can teach the kids to hate the yankees.