Thursday, October 13, 2005

A few jawdropping things that have occurred recently...

*I was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half this morning-a new personal record! But not something I'm proud of accomplishing...
*Tim has THREE doctor's appointments within the next month (the dentist for teeth, a physical because he hasn't had one for 7 years, and the skin doctor to check out his moles). This is astounding. I'm not sure he's seen this many doctors in his entire life. And that's not a joke. He hates going is the understatement of his life.
*Back to the car ride this morning...I was so bored, I pulled out old CDs from high school. I am publically admitting that I listened to the Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears this morning. For the record, I can't believe I ever bought, much less LIKED either CD. Wow.
*I talked to my dad on the phone for over an hour the other day! Huh? Very cool but so unusual...
*We turned off our air conditioner on Sunday morning and did not turn it on again until today! It's been so awesome out here. It's not even bad today but they predicted 95 and we decided we didn't want to fry the cats...hopefully tonight we can turn it off again!
*I bought a shirt today at Target. And I like it.
*Emerson has not pooped on the floor for a REALLY long time. Like weeks.
*Tim and I have exercised consistently for the past week. We've played a lot of tennis and we've run/walked quite a bit.
*Mega peanut M&M's are awesome. I highly recommend them. I always think that nothing is as good as the original but these are great. And yes, they negate all the exercise I do now (that is not anything surprising).
*I like going to work. It doesn't feel like work.
*I tried to eat cows. TRIED. I still think they are disgusting.
*One last addition to the drive this morning: It took me an hour and 10 minutes to go what should take 20 minutes. Along the way, it was like a movie: I crawled at a standstill as the result of accident after accident (seriously) then finally got off to take the back roads. Bad idea. Old Faithful decided to visit Phoenix this morning. There was what I assume to be a water main break that was in the form of a 3o foot by 10 foot geiser directly in the path of me. Stupid Old Faithful. YOU SUCK.
*I haven't eaten ice cream for a WEEK. I haven't been able to not eat peanut butter, though.
*I made really good tacos the other night (Tim called it his reward for the trauma of making three doctor appointments).
*I really like Arizona.
*Tim answered his cell phone at work!
*I figured out an awesome new system of tracking our money and our expenses. I'm so excited about it...It's working amazingly well!!
*I missed Graceland the other day (something I really didn't ever imagine saying). College life sometimes sounds fun again...mostly, I miss my friends. I also miss the schedule...I think it is absolutely hysterical that I ever thought I was busy in college. Wow. 12 hours out of my day now are devoted to work and it often doesn't stop at home. Granted two hours a day are for driving but I count that as the work experience. People in college should definitely not take it for granted... they have it made!
*I decided that one of my new favorite things is orange-pineapple-banana juice. All of the health people always say not to drink juice but I drink shot glasses of it. And it's great. And I personally think they are dead wrong. I don't intend to give it to a kid but for my purposes, it's still fruit...at least the kind I buy!
*I've posted TWO DAYS IN A ROW. That is totally nuts. I'm done.

1 comment:

rachel said...

i still can't believe you drive that long just to go to work. I walk to class and it only takes me 15 minutes! i used to drive about 25 minutes to work which wasn't bad, but i don't know if i could do an hour. of course, i listened to a lot of news on my drives... it kept me up-to-date!