Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I miss the old days...

when fall meant more money being spent on new clothes (BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME)than my young mind could comprehend. Back to school clothes shopping is definitely one of the greatest perks of still being dependent on your parents. Unfortunately, I do not fall into this category anymore. Sigh. Now that I am independent I have a hard time rationalizing spending hundreds of dollars at one time on new clothes...especially when I know that in a few months we are going to have to be boring and old and buy a refridgerator, a washer and dryer, furniture, and wood blinds. Seriously, what has my life come to? I can't believe I just publically admitted that I am thinking about choosing to buy boring old people stuff over a new fashionable wardrobe. I have GOT to reclaim who I am. So I must go buy some new clothes...if nothing else but for my sanity and a reminder that I am not boring and old. Besides, it is FALL! That's what fall is! New clothes season!

I have a list of must-haves in my mind. Mostly anything from Banana Republic and JCrew are perfect...and in my price range. I really want some cute chocolate brown tall boots that I saw at Banana, some cute tiered skirts, a super cute berry 3/4 turtleneck from banana, and a cropped blazer that I am in love with. Oh, and I also need some new work shoes... JCrew always has great shoes. Hmmm... Oh yes, and I must have a new purse. Last time I was at Nordstrom I saw a really cute Kate Spade purse and I also saw a really cute Coach purse online... there are too many adorable things out there that I want! Now I just have to rationalize that I can spend money on all these things even though the boring old people stuff is still at the back of my mind... but everyone needs clothes, right? And plus, it's not really fall until you buy new clothes. So there, I've made up my mind. I must go shopping this weekend!

No comments: