Thursday, October 6, 2005

Pictures and Procrastination

I have been terrible at keeping up with this thing... I'm assuming people read it but I don't really think anyone does...aside from my mom, anyway. Oh well, I guess the reason I started it anyway was for the benefit of my family being able to see how things are going so I'll keep trying to update. I guess it will be fun to look back on someday as well...

Anyway, the weekend of our anniversary we went up to the high country of Arizona. I talked to a couple of guys at work that are big hikers and they gave us hiking maps and one guy told me about the hike that he thinks is the best in Arizona. We went on that one on the way up. It's about 10 miles north of Sedona-through red rock canyons. We hiked about 6-7 miles but it was flat and easy and SO beautiful!

We stayed in Flagstaff and explored the town of Flagstaff as well that weekend. The town wasn't as big as we thought it would be and not really like the other mountain towns (like Vail, CO) we would have compared it to, had we not gone there. It was very much a college town with lots of unique people who were all about peace and love. Very cool...we had a great greek dinner at an all natural, organic restaurant-recommended by one of the aforementioned people.

On Sunday (our anniversary) we decided to be adventurous and hike to the peak of a mountain. The peak was about 9300 feet and we started at about 6500. So it was straight up hill the whole way. The whole hike was a little over 6 miles round trip but it took us 3 1/2 hours... the going up always is the worst. It's so worth it to make it up though. We went on a hike in the rockies a few years ago with some good friends from college so we knew what to expect on this hike. Fortunately, though, we weren't affected by the altitude on this hike. On the hike in Colorado, we climbed up to 13,000 feet so we were absolutely dying by the time we got up. We were dead tired after this hike too, but it was much more enjoyable since we didn't feel like fainting! It was a great way to spend the day of our first anniversary!

In other news, I've been pretty busy with work. I worked last Saturday and the reason why I am mentioning this is because that day was almost the last day of my life. I had to do an inventory observation. I won't go into the details but to say that I had to climb up 60 foot silos to measure the product inside. There were 8 silos. And the way I got up? Ladders. With nothing around them or below them but the ground and sky. I have never been so scared. And the worst thing about these ladders is that the rungs were only as big as my fingers. They were unbelievably small. So, fortunately I lived to tell about this but holy crap! That was maybe the most scared I've ever been in my life. Other than that I've been out at client's and working at nights and I'm going to use that as my excuse for never posting...

Actually, speaking of being out at clients, on Monday when I was working out at a particular client a stray kitten walked up. It hung around all day and no one else would take it home. So, of course, I just had to! I couldn't let the poor thing get hit by a car or anything. I took it home and locked it in the bathroom for the night-just in case it was sick I didn't want it to get near Berkeley or Emerson. Then the next day, I took it to be put up for adoption. It needs to get tested for Feline Leukemia and if it has that then it has to be put to sleep (that's like cat AIDS). I'm trying to talk Tim into letting me adopt it but I don't think he will... I really just feel so bad for it and it was so precious and cute. But I guess we don't need three cats, but really, what's one more? Ahh...I don't know.

So I guess that's all that's been going on...enjoy the pictures!!

No comments: