Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vegetarian pasta

I started doing this new thing during busy season. Ok, I started doing a couple of new things. One was I am getting up everyday at 4am so I can be to the office before 6 but the other is that I started to cook something every weekend. I like cooking and I decided if I cooked one night a week, I'd have stuff leftover for dinners the following week. And really, it was a great idea because when you get home late the last thing you want to do is eat or think about making anything to eat, so this seemed like a time saving and healthy option.

On one of the first weekends in March, I was seriously craving a red sauce pasta. I don't usually get cravings for pasta, I don't really know why but I did so I went with it. I made a vegetarian pasta with tons of veggies and beans, whole wheat spirals (I think technically they are called rotini) and topped it with a bit of parmesan cheese. Oh, and of course, red sauce. And I did go the lazy way- I bought a jar of pre-made red sauce from Whole Foods. Oh well, it was delicious regardless...both that night and the whole week following.



No comments: