Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's the girl scout cookie time of year

So, I have always loved girl scout cookies, particularly thin mints. But, as I have become healthier, I haven't liked all of the crap that goes into girl scout cookies so I don't buy them and every year get sad when I hear everyone talking about the girl scout cookies they have ordered and are eating.

BUT GUESS WHAT? I'm so excited!! This year, that is NOT the case.

SO, there are these Back to Nature cookies at Whole Foods that I SWEAR are exactly like girl scout cookies without all of the crap like high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oils, all of that artificial stuff. The "thin mint" equivalents taste AMAZING. So, even though cookies generally aren't really "healthy" in all forms of the word (meaning: adding nutritional value), these back to nature cookies are definitely the "healthy" equivalent of girl scout cookies. Oxymoron? Healthy cookies. Yes, please! My biggest problem is restraining myself from eating too many. I usually do anyway. Everything in moderation, right?

No comments: