Saturday, January 23, 2010

Green, um, juice?

After a particularly hard workout yesterday, a trainer I work with at my gym mixed up a "protein shake" for me... It's apparently AWESOME for you but it looks like total yuck. Even that description doesn't do it justice- it honestly looks like someone barfed in the water bottle. It took me about 30 minutes after going back to work to get my mind over the matter at hand: drinking the shit. So, I shook, shook, shook it to try to get some of the "chunks" out (seriously) and then poured it over ice. It would have helped if I would have had some vodka or something to spike it with....

But alas, I didn't. So, down it went. Oh MAN, was it gross. It was partly a mind thing just because it looked so disgusting but it really didn't taste a whole lot better. I DO have to say though... the stuff ABSOLUTELY made me recover faster. I felt like a million bucks after drinking that shake. I think it is amazing for your muscles so if I can stomach it, I'll definitely be drinking this again after workouts.

No comments: