Saturday, January 2, 2010

Exploring my inner chef...or something.

Last night I made such an awesome dinner (well, in my opinion). Guess it's not really something that a meat and potatoes person is going to drool over but I thought it was fabulous! I don't know what I would call it... I kind of just made up the recipe as I went. Here's the recipe, as specific as I can get since I really just was making it up:
-1/2 red bell pepper
-probably two good handfuls of chopped brocoli
-1/2 red onion
-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
-6-7 good sized crimini mushrooms
-probably 1/2 cup or so sliced carrots

I put all of above on the stove and sauteed in a bit of olive oil and some water. I also added some balsamic vinigrette. Then I seasoned with pepper and also some red chili peppers (I wanted it to have some kick).

When that was mostly done, I added:
-probably a good 2 cups spinach to wilt
-1/2 block of tofu (firm, extra firm is best) cut into chunks

While it was all cooking I was making quinoa and when it was done I put the tofu veggie stuff on top of the quinoa, cut up fresh tomatoes, and topped it with feta cheese. So yummy! Would have also been good to have some fresh basil, but I didn't... so, next time!

No comments: