Wednesday, July 29, 2009

HEAT WAVE.

It is SO FREAKING HOT HERE. We are actually only 5 degrees from Phoenix and it's SEATTLE. A city which has never broken 100 degrees. Well welcome to 80 days without rain + a hundred degree temps. That's Phoenix. WHY is the pacific northwest trying to be Phoenix minus the air conditioning?

Today Winston told me that it was 108 degrees out. I don't think it was actually that hot. I think we actually topped out at 104. THIS IS INSANE. Mostly because no one has air conditioning because Hello!? We live in the pacific northwest and it doesn't GET HOT.

It is miserable!! I can't wait to go to Kansas City in a couple of days where they are having Seattle-like weather at 75 degrees, no humidity. And if they were having 100 degree days, at least they have air conditioning.

I actually took Bella to my friends house today because she has air conditioning. I've been hosing her off about 5 times a day to keep her cool (since I'm such the animal abuser) but since I had to work today, I couldn't leave her at home. It's way too hot, even if you have a million fans. So she hung out with Gina and Dallas in the air conditioning. She was a fan. And she has the whole next week with them while we are in KC so she'll do great in this heat.

I guess at least now I know how it feels to live in Phoenix without air conditioning. People who do that or used to do that are crazy.

No comments: