Tuesday, July 7, 2009

7.6.09...puke, cars, and new houses.

Yesterday morning did not start off well. I decided to take the day off since there were what seemed like a million personal things to attend to and it was easier to do if I had the whole day off. Plus, why not? Four day weekend? Yes please.

That morning Tim got off work and while he was driving home I decided to go get my blood drawn for a myriad of tests that they were going to do for me that are standard (by the way, according to my doctor the HIV test is now standard. Is that just a Washington thing? Does that seem weird to anyone else out there?) Anyway, I've been putting this off since my annual physical two weeks ago because I have to be fasting to get it drawn and I'm always in too much of a rush to go to the doctor before work. So this morning, I was fasting and didn't have to go to work so it was the perfect opportunity.

I decided that I would take Bella with me since I knew we would have a busy day in which she would be stuck in her crate most of the day. So I take her down to the garage, put her in the back of the mini, and get in myself. All of a sudden, OUT OF NOWHERE, I hear BLEEEUUUCH. WTF? I turn and luckily I am out of range but the effing dog is PROJECTILE VOMITING. IN. MY. CAR. ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?! I mean, come on! DOG. If you are going to vomit, especially projectile, PLEASE, next time, gag or something. There was no warning. It was like all of a sudden you are sitting in your house and BOOM! Tornado sweeps it away. No warning. Not fair right? (I am catering to my midwest readers at this point). The point is that she did not give any warning. At all. So I have a mess of vomit ALL OVER my car. Winston somehow managed to protect me from getting shot but GROSS. I was TRYING TO BE NICE by taking her even though I know she is not a morning person. Thanks Bella, I'm now even more aware that you hate mornings. Noted.

As soon as I get her out of the car, she pukes more. All over the garage.

If anyone knows me, you know my rather large (understatement) aversion to puke. My roommate and I were perfect for each other in college because we never puke. Nope, not even with drinking. It was actually maybe the most important criteria for each of us, and luckily we became great friends after we determined that criteria was met. The point is that I hate puke. I don't puke, I don't deal with puke, I used to run out of the room screaming when the cats puke. Let's just say that I win the nobel prize in dealing with puke after this experience. I have come a long way in the puke department. I didn't once feel like I was nauseous myself. I just cleaned it up, put Bella back to bed and went on my way.

There were no issues with having my blood drawn surprisingly, since last year it took about 5 sticks and subsequently three weeks for the bruises to heal. No. Fun. This year there was only one poke and 4 vials of blood. Ick.

When I got home, Bella seemed to be feeling better so either she just ate something bad or was just telling me that she would not prefer to go anywhere in the mornings. Who knows. But she scarfed down her breakfast like she hadn't eaten in years...probably because she lost any reserves she had. Ok, sorry, no more references to the puke experience.

After Tim got home, we went to the Toyota dealership to sign the paperwork, trade in the FJ and get the new car! Yes! It only took about 2 hours which was AWESOME. It took us 6 hours with the FJ. Of course, total the prius probably took us that long but it makes it so much better when you don't do it all in one day. The new car is pretty freaking sweet. We love it. I have pictures to follow, just don't have them uploaded now.

I also have an interesting story to follow after we left the dealership but I'm going to wait on that one too because it's really better told with the pictures.

After we got the new car (eco-duncan) and ran our errand, we then went to our new place to do a walkthrough with our new landlord. Everything looks fabulous and we can't wait to move in. It's very exciting.

It was a very productive day and even though it started off on a bit of a rocky foot, we couldn't be happier with everything else. We love our new little eco-car and we can't wait to move in to the new house... in, holy crap... a freaking week. Like I said, pictures to follow. Soon, I promise.

No comments: