Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

I forgot to mention yesterday that before the beach I WAS slightly productive.

I had bought a million (ok, like 60) tubs from Target when we made the move from Iowa to Arizona. I inherited these tubs when I made the trip from Arizona to Washington. I used them a year ago when we moved to our new house. Turns out they have been a great investment.

After we moved (and some before we moved) last year, we allowed certain members of Tim's family (try all but one) to "borrow" our boxes. Apparently in each of these 3 cases borrowing was code for: "Here, I spent several hundreds of dollars on these boxes that helped me efficiently facilitate my moving but hey, no problem, you can have them to "borrow" and then just conveniently refuse to give them back."

Lovely.

I have two, I repeat TWO of these boxes left and various members of Tim's family have the remaining 50 boxes. But the heartache of trying to get them back is not worth it to me. They can be replaced.

So, Friday morning I ventured to target with Bella, in the mini cooper to load up on boxes. Not an easy thing to do when the boxes are big and the car is small. But I managed to fit in a grand total of 16 boxes. Pretty good, huh?!

This morning Tim got off work and while he was taking a nap after not sleeping all night, I ventured out (again) to Target to get more boxes since I knew from experience that 16 would not be enough. This time I just got 19 so that we would have 35. Perfect.

I got home and even though we had enough boxes to start packing, who wants to pack on the 4th?? So we headed right back out to the beach again since it was another perfect day. We came home and made a huge pasta salad filled with veggies and feta cheese (yum!) and then settled in for a fairly quiet 4th of July. We didn't really feel like going out since Tim had to work the next morning which means getting up at 4:30am.

So not an incredibly exciting day but then again, the 4th of July has never been my favorite holiday either and it definitely has a different feel in the pacific northwest than it ever did back home in Missouri. But, regardless, happy 4th to everyone out there!

No comments: