Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quick Trip to Eugene, Oregon

I actually can't really believe that my cousin is already graduating college. It makes me feel so old! I was old enough when he was younger to remember when he was a baby and everything about him growing up. So the fact that now he is a college graduate is just nuts! He graduated with a degree in psychology and a minor in business. I'm proud of him! We got into Eugene at about 3pm on Friday and then headed to the campus around 4pm. It's a really pretty campus. Eugene is a pretty cool town too. I was surprised actually. I didn't expect to like it that much, nor did I expect it to be as big as it is. But I think that coming from Lamoni, I always expect college towns to be smaller than they usually end up being.

The drive down was pretty uneventful and did take us around 5 hours. Since Tim didn't have much sleep, I drove the whole way. Man, was it boring!! I was fine until Portland but Portland to Eugene is about the same as driving through Kansas- BORING. Anyhow, we made it and caught up with all of the other family in town (my aunt, uncle and other cousin from California, my cousin's other aunt and uncle from Phoenix, and their grandma from Missouri). Below are all of the pictures:

Patrick standing in line waiting to receive his diploma.

And almost on stage... As everyone graduated, tons of people in the audience quacked duck quacker things (because apparently the mascot of the school is a duck). It was awesome.

After the graduation, there were photos (of course!) Here's Tim and I... finally a picture of us!

My brother and I.


And a group shot of everyone there.

And again. I think this one is clearer but I am too lazy to delete the other one.

A shot of the sign in the middle of campus.

At dinner after the graduation ceremony (Tim, me, my cousin Kristyn). I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant. It was awesome!! It was really close to campus... we walked to it. We had our own little room for our party (the wine room) and my aunt and uncle brought their own wine and champagne for everyone. Delicious!

The next morning we had to be up fairly early for another ceremony. Patrick got inducted to the honor society so we went to that for him. Tim looks sleepy still.
After that was over, we dropped Jon off at Pat's and said goodbye to everyone. Jon doesn't fly out of town until Wednesday and is flying out of Portland so he can spend some time with Pat. We were going back to Seattle to pick up the puppy who had her first overnight stay. It was with Gina, Brad, and Dallas though (her best buds) so she was happy as a clam the whole time. That night Tim and I went out with Gina and Brad and had a blast. It was a great weekend!

No comments: