Monday, June 15, 2009

Babies, babies, and more babies.

As we have just embarked on the journey of puppy parenting, a HUGE majority of my friends and people I know are on the journey of real parenting. This weekend a couple of awesome ladies gave birth to beautiful new babies: My cousin, Anne, had her baby boy (Connor) and my friend Jill had her baby boy (Brody). Anne, however, was about a week and a half past her due date and Jill was three weeks early. Anne's baby also weighed almost 10 pounds- big boy! I have never gone through the whole experience but I would think Jill was the luckier gal in this scenario at least in the birthing respect... both are totally blessed with handsome little boys.

Also, over the course of the past couple of weeks, I have found out that SIX, I repeat, SIX couples that I know are all expecting babies this fall. And there are a couple more that are expecting this summer.

When one of my best girlfriends from college, Wish, had her baby boy in March, I remember thinking how crazy it was that we were at this baby stage. I mean, friends had had babies before her but she hit close to home because we were the same age, similar paths, etc. So at this point I felt like we were past the wedding phase, on to babies (although, I swear, I still feel like there are so many weddings this summer!) It's kind of crazy to be in the baby stage. I do not feel ready at all yet but it sure is neat to watch my friends as parents, to see pictures of their beautiful kids and to hear all about their adventures into this crazy, foreign land called parenting.

No comments: