Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The latest in the puppy adventures.

I am on a roll for taking pictures of the puppy and posting. Unfortunately aside from work, that's really the only thing I've been taking pictures of so sorry for the overkill of puppy posts lately.

The other day Bella was bored and I was thinking of taking her to the dog park for the first time. I texted Gina (Dallas' mom) to kinda get a feel for how Dallas did at the dog park when he was Bella's age. She responded by telling me that they were going later and we could all go together... sweet!

So we get there and Bella is of course going nuts for Dallas. We let them off leash but I think we did it a little bit too early (and too close to the entrance) because right by the entrance there are tons of other puppies and Bella just was in puppy heaven and went nuts trying to befriend them (while ignoring me). I put her back on leash until we got to more of an open field where they could run without her being so close to the parking lot. From then on, she did GREAT. She listened to me, she would run ahead of us and then loop back to us, she would come when she was called, and she pretty much stuck by Dallas the whole time. It was awesome. I was SO impressed by how well she did. We were there for a long time too. About an hour or so in, Lindsey (the gal who owns Burton, another buddy of Bella's) wanted to see if we were all available to play. Gina told her we were at the dog park and to come on down. By the time Burton and Lindsey got there, we'd been there almost 2 hours. By the time we left we had been there for THREE HOURS. Crazy for her first time at the dog park!! Needless to say, she was a tired pup.

I wish I would have had pictures at the park but I don't. I do, however, have pictures of the bath she got when we got home. She was horrendously dirty. And did not want a bath. After that, I'm pretty sure she passed out for about the next 15 hours straight.

She is still small enough to give her a bath in the tub. Won't be for much longer!

Soapy puppy. I think at this point she was practically falling asleep standing up.



And Calvin the kitty... thinking how sweet it is that he gets to miss out on all the bath mania.

No comments: