Friday, June 12, 2009

Brother in town

My brother Jon got into town on Tuesday night. He flew into Seattle to spend some time with us first and then today we are all heading down to Eugene, Oregon to my cousin's graduation. We have had a pretty low key week. Unfortunately, I was really busy at work so I was working on and off the whole few days. And Tim worked Tuesday/Thursday so he was kind of in and out too.

Wednesday Jon and Tim went to Seattle and Pike Place market together. We then introduced Jon to our favorite Thai food place in town. It was amazing, as always. We then dragged Jon to a puppy play date after dinner. I'm sure he loved it. Since we had to get up at 4:30 on Thursday morning we were an old married couple and went to bed early.

Thursday I was at work at the ass crack. I put in a few hours and then came home. Jon and I then went to the best sushi place in Seattle for lunch (Wasabi Bistro on 2nd ave- if you are ever here and you like sushi, try it!) We then went up to the Ballard locks. It was really neat. All of the salmon were swimming upstream from the ocean to the lake and there were huge yachts that were coming in and out when we were there. After that we, along with one of my friends, headed to a new martini bar in Kirkland that I have frequented several times for happy hour. We switched it up mid happy hour to go to a dive bar close by which has a good pale ale beer on tap which the guys always love. I think he had a good time.

Today we are embarking on the 5 hour drive to Eugene as soon as Tim gets off of work and gets changed. The graduation starts at 5pm and we are leaving here around 9:30-10 so we should be in great shape. Hopefully I will actually take pictures while we are at the graduation since I took zero while my brother was in town in Seattle.

No comments: