Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happy holidays!

Tim and I got home last night from Kansas City at approximately 11:30 p.m. MST, 12:30 p.m. in the central time zone that we'd become accustomed to over the past week. Getting home was a whole lot smoother than going. The whole trip was awesome, though.

We got in last Tuesday after sitting on the plane for an hour while the plane was 'mechanically inspected.' We're told the majority of the hour was spent trying to fill out paperwork, whatever that means. I guess I can't complain since I don't know what they are doing aside from trying to keep everyone safe. Even though we were about 1 1/2 hours late coming in, we still had the usual dozen cookies when we got to my parents house. A dozen cookies at 1 a.m. is a lovely thing, seriously...yummy.

Wednesday Tim and I spent the day beginning our Christmas shopping. It was a bit crazy but it helped us to get more into the 'Christmas spirit.' Thursday we met up with our GU friends. We saw J.P. and Jill, Jeff and Emily, Lee and Jenny, Andi and Johnny C., and Aaron A. and his new girlfriend. It was so good to see our friends. Friday morning we were able to meet up with more of our friends, the Johnsons: Travis and Rachel, Brad and June, Chelsea and Scott. Again, it was so awesome to see more of our friends. We miss them all so much!

On Friday, my grandparents also came into town. I haven't really seen them since the wedding so that was awesome. Then on Saturday, my other grandma, my aunt, uncle and cousins came over! On Christmas we were all together again which was great. Throughout the whole week, there were consistent card games, board games, ping pong games, and walks. Oh, yeah, and i ate so incredibly much. It was a perfect week at home.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has an equally wonderful New Year's!

No comments: