Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Daily Owen and Bennett: 3.15.2015

This morning: my freaking appendage. He was literally as close as he could get to me, wrapped all around me. And finally sleeping after being up at 11, 12, 1, 2, 3. Yes, I've aged 40 years in a month. Seriously, kid, what the hell!? At least if you are going to sleep on me which is bad enough, SLEEP. I know that there are two more teeth cutting so we are trying to ride it out. But. In the meantime, we are exhausted. Beyond exhausted. What happened?! B was our sleeper!! 

His saving grace is I know that no stage lasts forever. I do like the cuddles...just not every night all dang night. Bah. Still such a sweetheart, I can't be too upset. But I would really put a high price on a few hours consecutive sleep at a time right now.

This morning we all headed out to watch Justin race his bike. Justin didn't really care if we went or not but Owen wanted to and I am all for things like this that get us out of the house/keep the kids entertained. Only problem was today happened to be a monsoon unlike any rain we've seen in the last few months. I figured we would still brave it and it would let up. 

It didn't. 

Poppy at the start:


We stood around for a while and watched Justin come through one lap. It was a little exciting as an old guy right behind us totally collapsed and medics/ambulances showed up (which Owen was fascinated by). After all of that, we took a little break to go snack in the car and warm up. Justin after lap one:


Owen waiting for the racers:


Mom and B. Me thinking I definitely need an insanity check for doing this. 


Oe racing HIS bike. Too cute.


After the car, we walked back down to try to see poppy finish. About 5 minutes before poppy came through, all hell broke loose. So I called it a day. The kids both lost it. I had to football hold carry Owen up a hill (with B still strapped to be)...while both kids screamed. Good times. We hung in the car until poppy called and then headed home...where it continued to POUR all freaking day. U

No comments: