Friday, November 14, 2014

Daily Owen & Bennett: 11.14.2014

This picture sums up my day: 

Today for the first time Bennett flat out refused to take a bottle...which was really unfortunate as I was in an all day class. I dropped the kids off with Justin at 7am with instructions that B would eat around 9-10. Got a text from him at 10 that said he wouldn't take a bottle, but was doing ok. Ok, cool. I went to pump and he dropped off the kids with Miss Collette, as he had to go back to work. I texted her to tell me when he ate. She wrote back around 1pm saying he wouldn't take a bottle. Huh?! This is the kid who generally will not go 2-3 hours without missing a meal.  She was trying every trick in the book, but he just got mad every time she tried the bottle. Milk was fresh and he's had these bottles countless times before. Around 2, she said still no luck. At that point, I started to freak out. He last ate a "good" meal around 2.45 AM, and then kinda ate around 6am when I woke him up. It was really weird and concerning as again this kid does not miss a meal. I decided I needed to get to him. He wasn't screaming, but not happy either I guess. 

So, I left my class 2 hours early and headed to Collette's. The second she handed him to me, he gave me the biggest bottom lip and started to cry. Poor guy. He latched right on and was ravenous. I don't get it though?! He then ate about every hour for the next 4 hours.  Really bizarre. I think he just wanted boobies and was just being stubborn. He's not sick and was totally happy all night. Case in point: talking away.



In the meantime, poppy bought me flowers and O liked to smell them. 



Later cousins Isla and Oliver came over for dinner (Dylan too). The big kids had a blast playing. Bennett was not too sure about Dylan yet...when she started to touch him. 


Kids table at dinner: (congrats also to Oliver who got his drivers license today...no more Valente taxi service!)


Before bedtime, B cuddled in O's bed. Smiley little guy.


O just wanted to jump jump...of course.

No comments: