Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A little belated post of pride.

But, really, what's new?

I felt the need to post this anyway because I'm so dang proud of my hometown team. I've never really been one to get in to baseball as I find it dreadfully boring, but I watched literally every second I could of the playoffs and world series. KC has not been to the world series since I was three years old. My brother got to go to several of the playoff games and world series games and to say I was jealous would be an understatement. Although they didn't win overall, it was still a great run, and just like the Seahawks last year, it was amazing to see the whole town come together in unity. If only there was more unity more often, and not just because of a silly game.



 
This letter was posted in the KC star, the hometown newspaper. Although I do live in Seattle, it's always been a possibility to move back someday. Remote, maybe, but albeit a possibility. If we ever were to do so, it would not be due to the weather (which SUCKS), or the scenery (BLAH), but it would hands down be due to the people. Every time we visit we are blown away but the heart of the midwest people- something you just don't see anywhere else. It's too bad, really, because maybe if the country could adopt some of this attitude, we really could enforce some change for the better.

No comments: