Thursday, September 27, 2012

Return to running

One of the benefits of having my parents in town was that I had babysitters whenever I wanted! So, I took full advantage of it, especially one day when I decided that I wanted to make my official return to running. I left the baby with my parents and I headed out for a long run. Long being a flexible word here as "long" was not really long as in my past running days. Long was really a short run in my pre-pregnancy days but doing 4 miles 5 weeks post partum seemed like quite the haul.

So, 4 miles plus 2 miles walking and I was SORE. It felt amazing though and I feel like it was my first "official" run in my return to running post-baby.

TMI alert: only negative was that as a result of having a natural vaginal delivery I am slightly incontinent when I run...(WHAT IN THE WORLD?! I KNOW) I'm hoping this eventually gets better and everything down there tightens up more...fingers crossed.