Thursday, September 6, 2012

Owen David Week #2

A little bit late as Owen is now 3 weeks old, but here's a glimpse of his 2nd week of life:


Family/newborn pictures by the wonderful Tara of Red Thread Images.  I was a little skeptical of how he would do since about 15 minutes before Tara arrived Owen projectile barfed everywhere (my fault... I put him down right after feeding him in a position that encouraged seeing the milk regurgitated). BUT, he did amazing and pretty much slept through the whole thing.


One more...


And one from Tara. We don't have the rest from her yet but I can't wait to see them all.


We slept a lot... not always at night. He is a pretty good sleeper though (so far...hopefully I don't jinx it by saying that). He sleeps a 4-5 hour block from about 11-3 or 4 at night and then goes back to sleep for another few hours. Of course we have the random night where we don't sleep. At all.


Showing GU spirit...from Washington.


Chilling out in the swing.


Practicing girlfriend lips.


Just looking cute.


Another swing shot... love the arms.


One more I tried introducing him to the little play gym. He was sort of a fan for about 3 minutes.


We do have our fair share of crankiness.


Also during the 2nd week, I did my first post-partum workout. It felt pretty good to be back in the gym and Owen did great while I was there and it also felt great to workout again. He just hung out, slept some and didn't fuss at all. I think he likes all the noise and activity going on.


He is definitely a little cuddle bug. He loves to be cuddled and held.


On labor day weekend, we headed east of the mountains to hang out for the day at Justin's buddy's place for the annual beer olmpics. Clearly we did not participate this year as we were just there for the day but it was still good to get out of the house and to see everyone. Owen also did awesome again in the car (for 6 hours!) and while we were there.


Justin did play in one event....


While Owen and I watched (or while I watched and Owen slept).


We had great views of the sunset on the way home. Also this week we saw the pediatrician for Owen's 1-2 week well check. All looks great and he's gained back some of the initial weight lost right in line with where he should be gaining. His poop is a little bit of a weird color so we are working through what in my diet could be pissing off his stomach but other than that, all looks great. It's been an adventure so far and I'm sure it only gets more exciting from here on out.