Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Owen David Week #3

Week #3 was another week full of adventures. Pictures, as always, tell the story best:


Owen got his first bath... I know, I know who are we, the parents that don't give their kid a bath until they are 2 weeks and a day old. Whatever, don't judge. We were worried that he would freak out and scream and hate it but he LOVED it. It was pretty cute.


He did not, however, like the drying off part.


Sleep was again, hit or miss. He does thing where when we put him down he'll do a "fake out." He'll pretend to be asleep and then the second you put him down, NOPE. Awake. He still sleeps for the most part in 4-5 hour blocks at night although we still have one or two nights a week where we are awake ALL.NIGHT.


I tried him out on this little play gym one day... he was sort of intrigued but I think he's just learning to track and focus so it will be more of a hit in a few weeks.


We cuddled a lot... of course.


And went to the gym a few times. He loves the gym. He just looks around... I think he's fascinated by the movement and the noise. Works for me- I get a workout in!


We also spent a little time in the sun since it's been so gorgeous out here in Seattle. This kid LOVES the sun. I also went to work for a couple hours this week for a client meeting. Owen hung out with Justin and it sounds like everything went seamlessly. It was weird to be at work but I was glad I could go in for a little bit.


Another picture of Owen sunbathing... he was a little jaundiced so the sun helps with that.


One morning we were cuddling in bed and Owen was being especially cute...


Then he made this face and I left warmth on my legs...


Yep, that face was "Oops, I just peed out the top of my diaper all over both of us." SO MUCH PEE. Fail on pointing the little pee pee down in the diaper that morning.


Naptime during the day... I swear, what is it with kids? They just CRASH during the day to the point where nothing you can do will wake them up. It's incredible.


One more of him crashed out.


And at night during a grumpy time, I was doing things you know, like peeing, so Justin was giving him his finger before I nursed him. It was hilarious as we both knew he was grumpy and all of a sudden his middle finger was out as if to say, "Eff you, pops, that is NOT the boobie." Too adorable.

We are enjoying the time with the little guy and getting to know him even better... the only issues have been trying to get his tummy figured out. His poop is still a little green so something in my diet is pissing off his tummy. I went on pretty much an elimination diet to figure it out and his poop turned to the normal color pretty much immediately. The next step is to start adding foods back in to my diet and doing trial and error as to what doesn't work with him. Unfortunately, at the end of this week my right boobie pain imploded on me (more on that in another post) to the point where I had a 103 degree fever and a clear infection so I had to go on antibiotics which was a huge set back in the whole tummy issue thing. So, I'm basically on just the elimination diet until I'm done with the antibiotics. Fun! Other than that, Owen is getting more alert by the day and he has been a pretty good baby. Some days we are more tired than others but for the most part, we are doing well and are pretty infatuated with the new little guy.