Thursday, August 9, 2012

Week 36.


Almost full term!! Yeehaw. It was a pretty week especially the last day of week 36. See here if you haven't read the bloody details yet (and want to). Pictures:


Week 36 #1.


Week 36 #2


And week 35 for comparison.

How I'm feeling?
Week 36 was not the best week for feeling awesome. IT. WAS. ROUGH. It started off with the flu (click here) and ended with a bang in which we essentially had a murder scene on our hands (click here, but be warned it is graphic and TMI).  I also had crazy weird symptoms this week like intense right side pain (kind of on my kidney) as well as left shoulder pain (what?) and I kept getting headaches after eating (huh?). I think all of these things were somehow related to the little bug we had as everything is gone now. Well, the should pain was probably from lifting something... Anyway, needless to say, I'm glad week 36 is over.

How I'm changing?
Bigger, more contractions... we're getting there folks. But not done yet. As much as I am OVER being pregnant, I'm not quite ready for the baby to be here yet so I guess it's ok to continue to look like an exercise ball crawled into my stomach for a little while longer. The closer it gets though, the more I am just DONE.
What I'm eating?
 Nothing unusual here. Pretty much the same old things. Still revolted by peanut butter (am I ever going to like peanut butter again??) I am having to eat more frequently (still). If I don't, I start to get pretty light-headed. My sweet husband did make us an Olympic inspired pizza the day after our little incident (I guess technically this was week 37, but oh well):


Weight I'm gaining? 
I was 148 this week... last week was 146.5. Based upon our midwife appointment, I, er, the baby had a huge growth spurt this week so the 1.5 gain was pretty in line with that.
How I'm sleeping?
Not terrible, not great... more sleep than I'll be getting soon, less than I've gotten before. I slept great when we were sick but then after our little incident I was in ultra nesting mode and freaking out about everything that had to be done. Like DUSTING. I woke my poor husband up at 2am talking about dusting and the next day I came home to him dusting ever crevice in our house, including a fan that is about 20 feet in the air (yep, I have a great husband). 

What's the baby doing?
-The baby is 18.75 inches, 5.75 pounds or the size of a crenshaw melon (we're back to the weird fruits... what in the hell is a crenshaw melon?!)
-At this point, the baby would be totally fine if he came out... he's just fattening up in there and getting those lungs ready.

What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
Midwives again this week- we had our strep b test which is basically a swab of uh, ALL your nethers to test for this bacteria. Basically if the test comes back positive (meaning you have strep b), you have to get antibiotics during labor.

I also printed off copies of our birth plan this week. I'm not sure if it's really THAT beneficial or not to have a written out birth plan but I figured it was better to have it than not. So, I did it and printed it and we are good there.
And... like I mentioned last week- maternity pictures. Another from the set for a full shot view this week.


Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)
Do you know what someone said the other day? "It's really not a big fucking deal to have a baby, people have babies every day." TRUE. There is some truth to that. I can see it. BUT. What about things that happen every day that fall into this category that do happen to people but are LIFE ALTERING? Maybe not a big deal because they are "common" but is that theory really legit?  I get it, to an extent, I do. Babies happen to a lot of people. It's no big deal to those who have done it..maybe. But it is LIFE ALTERING, no matter where you stand in the kid and parent spectrum. And that being said, it IS a big deal to those of us who are affected and impacted by these little people in our lives.