Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rough weekend.


On Thursday I thought I was going in to labor. Since nothing is apparently TMI on here, I was basically pooping my brains out and having major contractions (both signs of imminent labor...normally). Since I felt fine otherwise, I figured that I either needed to do something to stop labor or make sure that it was ok if I actually did go in to labor. After a call to the midwives, they assured me that I was most likely probably NOT in labor based on several other questions they asked and that I probably had some sort of a bug. It seemed weird to me so I called Justin only to find out he had been having similar symptoms (minus the contractions, of course). Apparently pooping aggravates your uterus which then makes you have contractions. Clearly I was the only one affected in that manner.

Thursday night we both popped a lot of electrolytes and probiotics thinking we'd eaten something. He had a boys rum night at our house while I went to dinner with the girls. He swore that the rum killed anything bad he ate and I felt like a champ so we figured we were good to go.

Enter friday: I woke up with intense back pain. I felt pretty crappy overall but figured I was just tired and that I had pulled a back muscle so I left work and headed to the chiropractor. It felt GREAT afterwards but I got home and just felt beat up. Justin and I spent Friday night laying low.

Enter Saturday: We both woke up WAY too early because neither of us could get comfortable in bed. My back pain had intensified and he had some too (he hurt his back a month ago so this was pretty normal). We got up and watched olympic bike racing only to both feel like we'd been hit by trucks and to go back to bed for 4 hours at around 11am. At this point we realized that we truly MIGHT have a bug of some sort. We were both achy and just felt like, well, absolute shit.




We figured out that my back pain was probably kidney pain as a result of fighting the bug (and working overtime in the pregnancy). It was the flu (or some bug) in its finest form. We dragged ourselves to the grocery store (trying not to breath on anyone) and got a bunch of herbs, electrolytes and cranberry juice for my kidney pain. Along with that we also got sick people food- chicken soup and cookies.

Sunday morning we woke up feeling night and day from Saturday which was AWESOME since we had our maternity photos. STILL. I would not recommend to anyone to get this weird bug especially not at 36 weeks pregnant OR during gorgeous summer weather. I literally have not had any sort of flu in YEARS and this was not the way to go about it. Luckily, we are both feeling back to our old selves now and it was good to have a cuddle buddy to suffer through it with me.