Monday, July 23, 2012

Baby shower, take 2.


This past weekend was our second baby shower... we have one more work shower and then we are free of the showers. My mom flew in from Kansas City on Saturday for the shower (which was on Sunday) so after coffee with the girls on Saturday morning, Justin and I headed to the airport to pick up my mom. The drive down there took a little bit longer than anticipated:



We came across a massive car fire right as the firefighters were arriving on scene. Yikes! After running a few errands, we came home and then headed back out to dinner at Lucia. Justin and I actually haven't been to Lucia which is funny since it's right down the road from us... I guess we get stuck in our restaurant ruts like most people do. It was quite delicious!  

The next day, we got up and got ready for the shower which was at 11am. Of course we had to take a few pictures first (moms are good at remembering this sort of thing so you can thank her that I have some here).





Once we arrived at the shower, we took a few more pictures- the one above is my friend Stacie who was amazing in organizng this whole thing for me and thought of every little detail. She is pregnant and due in November. One of our mutual friends and I are throwing her a shower in September and I am definitely tracking some of the things she did for me to remember for her! A few shots of the details:





Eventually the guests started to arrive...at which point I stopped remembering to take pictures. I think my mom got some but I don't have those yet unfortunately! I'd say there were about 15-20 people there in total so it was a great turnout. So many people that I care about and am so thankful are in our lives (and who will be in baby Owen's life)! Not to get all sappy, but we are truly very lucky.

After the shower, my mom and I went shopping while Oliver and Justin were at Batman and then we met back up with Justin for dinner at Cactus. All in all, a successful, fun weekend!