Thursday, July 19, 2012

Week 33.

Clocking is ticking.... countdown to baby is on in a serious way. And for some reason now, the time seems to be speeding up. What's up with that? SLOW DOWN... I need to get my head around all of this!


Week 33 #1

Week 33 #2


And to those of you who requested it, a full body shot from here on out until delivery. It could get quite entertaining.


Week 32 for comparison... funny how differently my stomach looks in week 33... I think he was sitting differently.


And just to torture myself, I am putting up a picture of 10 weeks ago. I CANNOT BELIEVE I THOUGHT I WAS HUGE THEN!! HOLY. CRAP. Someone should have slapped me.

And now to what might be a rather whiny post... forgive me... for the next 4-8 weeks or however long I remain pregnant...

How I'm feeling?
Tired. I'm just tired. I'm tired of being uncomfortable, I'm tired of having weird aches and pains, I'm tired of getting somewhat swollen (seriously I'm a baby on this one- I don't even have it that bad)... basically, I'm just tired of being pregnant, and most of all I'm just flat out tired in a way that I can't even compare anything to that I've ever experienced in my whole life. Wah wah. All of my friends with newborns are flipping me off because not only are they tired, they also have NOISE and poopy diapers.  But, I'm not there yet and right now I'm just tired. I think part of this is training to have a newborn. I sleep for about 2 hours stints at a time and then wake up. And sometimes I am wide awake for no reason, sometimes I just have to pee. But regardless- two hours at a time. And then when the alarm goes off at 5am, it's rough. At least with a new baby, I won't have work on top of it initially and I can nap when he naps, right? (And as a sidenote, this totally normal right now).

How I'm changing?
Just getting bigger.... did not think it was possible but I can assure you, it is (and also: how is it possible that he is STILL GROWING?) I wish I could take a picture of the weird shapes that my stomach takes on sometimes... butt up in the air, feet pushing out... it's pretty cute.

I am starting to feel rather awkward when I go to the gym because I think I make other people there uncomfortable like ohmygosh she might pop RIGHT NOW. Nope, sorry folks, although that could be an entertaining story. I also went on a walk this week with Justin and got what he calls "saddle sores." All I can say about this is OW. We walked for about an hour and then I started to feel a lot of discomfort in my nether region. Burning. When I got home I looked and it looked like blisters/chaffing. I really made my husband realize how sexy I am right now when I made him look and tell me what the hell these things were... of course he knew right away as he used to always get them from riding: "saddle sores." I'm not sure that is the correct name for what they are when you get them when pregnant but they still hurt like the dickens. Basically, they are caused by friction (IE: underwear/clothes rubbing against your skin combined with sweat and heat). FABULOUS! Another first for me. I've been putting a lot of tea tree on them and it's helping but I'm going to go ahead and add this to the list of reasons why I dislike pregnancy.

What I'm eating?
 Nothing notable here. Still toast and almond butter for breakfast, trying to eat tons of snacks in between, and have been eating TONS of produce since it's that time of year up here in the pacific northwest.

Weight I'm gaining? 
I was 144.7 this week... last week was 144.2, the week before I was 144.7... so I guess I'm still holding steady. My weight is just redistributing. I can't say I'm entirely TOO upset about this because at first when I was totally front loading weight, I could have easily been on track to gain 50-60 pounds. Now it's looking more like 35. Perfect.

How I'm sleeping?
Bad. Comes with the territory, though, really so I really shouldn't complain. Besides, I have a feeling it is probably only going to get worse from here.
What's the baby doing?
-The baby is 17 inches or the size of a pineapple. The baby weighs 4.25 pounds. WOAH, they gain a 1/2 pound a week.
-Basically the baby is just gaining weight and putting on fat. 
-The baby's skeleton is also continuing to harden (although we all know the skull doesn't totally fuse together) 

What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
Ummm.... yep, haven't done anything this week. Whoops. There is so much TO do but, yeah...

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)
 Something is funky at night. It's got to be hormones. I get SO anxious right around 8 or 9pm... about EVERYTHING. My poor husband. I freak out about labor, I freak out about having a kid, I freak out that something is wrong with, I don't know HAITI? It's so bizarre. And it's like serious anxiety... it SUCKS. I know that it's hormones and I guess that at least that is a good start so I just try to breathe through it and realize that the hormones are causing me to feel the way I'm feeling. Continuing into the night, the crazy pregnancy dreams are back. It's not always baby related either. The other day, I dreamed that my parents dragged me to McDonalds and I was so mad about being there, I ended up throwing a hamburger at everyone (weird, right)?