Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 35.

Week 35. Phew. 5-6 more weeks maximum. Possibly one more minimum. WOAH. (If I have any sort of intuition, I would say it's probably going to be on the longer end of the spectrum...)


Week 35 #1


Week 35 #2


Week 34 for comparison.

See below for full length picture at week 35.

How I'm feeling?
You know... the usual. Huge, tired... and now complete with THIS:


Swollen feet. And not really "FEET" but foot. What the ? Only one side of my body gets swollen? What kind of freak am I? And not only does it get swollen, it hurts like bloody hell (like a pinched nerve on the bottom of my foot). [Sidenote: apparently the swollen-ness on one side is attributed to the side in which the baby is sitting on. Since he tends to adore my right side, my right foot is swollen. Interesting, no?]

Other than that, I'm just pretty sore... my hips are going to fall out of my body. I'm convinced. And again, not just "hips" but hip. ONE hip. The left hip. It feels like a pinched nerve, I can't roll over, I walk like I'm 800 years old (yes, eight HUNDRED). Yes, I've stretched. Yes, I go to the chiropractor. Yes, I'm beefing up on calcium. It's just pregnancy and the added weight and no, I don't think this has anything to do with the baby's position though I am not sure. I've had this pain since about month 5 when I was still running consistently so it could be my own fault for all I know. I walked for an hour once this week (in addition to my workouts which did pick up again) and could barely walk after that measly hour.  Related: I would like my body back, please.

This week was sort of weird, also, as we both had a bug. Would not recommend this at this stage of pregnancy... at all. I thought I was dying a slow painful death. Especially once I realized it wasn't labor and no baby was going to come from all the misery.

How I'm changing?
Bigger is a given. The newest thing this week are contractions. CONSISTENT contractions. And contractions that actually get my attention in a way that's all WOW, ok. We might be doing this thing sometime soon here. Practice labor, yippee! I actually had one this week that required me to sit down. It was surprisingly intense. But all good, I guess, as the more "practice" my uterus is getting, the more prepared it will be for the real deal. I will say that Braxton Hicks are very odd. It's sort of like a bad period cramp that comes and goes but it's also weird because your stomach gets so tight and hard. It's bizarre.  

What I'm eating?
 Again, since the end of this week was so weird with the flu/bug, I was eating things like chicken noodle soup and macaroni and cheese. You know, comfort foods... or the only things I could stomach without wanting to retch my brains out. I figured, hey, if I was eating SOMETHING it at least blew my theory of "I think I'm dying" out of the water.  

Weight I'm gaining? 
I was 146.5 this week... last week was 145.5. One pound gain, pretty normal.

How I'm sleeping?
Not great...except at the end of the week where all I could do was sleep since we were both feeling so crappy.
What's the baby doing?
-The baby is 18 inches, 5.25 pounds or the size of a honeydew melon (hey, another fruit/vegetable I recognize!)
-At this point, the liver is functional and capable of processing waste products which is the main thing that was completed this week. Other than that, the baby is just bulking up.

What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
Midwives again this week- we are now on a weekly schedule with them. Everything still looks good and the baby is in great position. I actually had a contraction during the visit while they were trying to tell the position. It was pretty cute.

We also installed the carseat (this was prompted when I thought I was going in to labor... before I thought I could be dying from the flu) and at the beginning of this week we had our 2nd baby shower. Also, I had a prenatal massage with our doula which was AMAZING.

And... this kind of overlaps into week 36 but we did this- maternity pictures. LOVE them (and also here is your full length picture at week 35):

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)
Have I ever talked about maternity clothes here? And how I've been on about 400 different shopping trips to find things to fit what the newest version of my body is? Yeah. Well. I have minimal amount of time in this left and it's almost getting to the point where I need another spree because now things are getting to be too short. It's really almost comical. Case in point: I was going to wear a different black dress instead of the one above for our maternity pictures. I tried it on and guess what? It was barely a SHIRT. It barely covered by hoo hoo which I think may work for some girls on the strip in vegas, but if there was any sort of wind that day in good old Kirkland, some people would have gotten quite the show. I think perhaps I should just wear mumus for the next 3-6 weeks. I am adamantly refusing to buy ANY more maternity clothes.