Sunday, August 12, 2012

Week 37.

FULL TERM. (!!!!!) It started off scary enough as most of you know (click here if you really want the details) but, that all ended ok and now we are just plugging along at FULL TERM. Meaning, technically, I could have the baby any day now. Will that happen? Probably not. But still. We. are. almost. there. Part of me is very happy about this fact as I am so completely over being pregnant but part of me is not quite ready for the whole newborn baby thing yet either... SO, I guess that means we just have a little bit of roasting.  Pictures:



Week 37 #1.


And #2. HOLY CRAP by the way. I AM HUGE.


36 weeks for comparison.


And because I really wanted to depress, er, well, motivate myself to get this baby out and my body back someday, I went back to the earliest pregnancy picture I have documented- the above was around 12-14 weeks. BAAAHHH. I can't believe I thought I had even remotely gained weight then (although I had- about 7 pounds, actually. Again, BAHHHHHH).

How I'm feeling?
Like I mentioned above and a million other times, week 36 ended with a crazy scary blood scene and midnight rush to the midwives so that is how week 37 started. BUT, other than that, it was a fairly status quo week. I mean, as status quo as you can really get at 37 weeks pregnant.

After the freak incidence, I was feeling rather sorry for myself Friday morning as I was still scared shitless from it all and a bit traumatized. Plus, I was tired after a night of not much sleep and definitely not restful sleep. So I made the rather stupid (yes, honey, I said it...stupid) decision to wear heels to work that day. DUMB. Let me just say: when you haven't worn heels in about 6 weeks and you are 37 weeks pregnant and totally front loaded, it is not the brightest idea. Especially when you are taking your clients out to lunch and you eat shit not once but TWICE in front of them, one time in which you were also in front of an entire restaurant, the second time in which you were in the middle of a street. Silly pregnant girl. Noted: as crappy as you feel and as bad as your heels are- NOT A GOOD IDEA when you are this pregnant.

Other than the high heel incident, I also freaked out and realized that I wasn't quite ready for the baby to be here yet so, I spent the weekend ATTEMPTING to nest like crazy and to cross a bunch of things off of the to-do list. That lasted about 10.5 seconds before I would have to take a seat and put my feet up. Seattle had one of its hottest weekends of the summer and we hit about 95-98 degrees. Not many people in Seattle have air conditioning because these days happen about 3 times a year so it's just not worth it and normally it's not a big deal. I am not going to lie, it's pretty freaking miserable when you are pregnant. MISERABLE. My feet were the size of my head and I thought that I was one of the lucky ones to not really have swollen feet/legs, etc. NOPE. All I needed was just a little heat. My feet were even too puffy for flip flops. Ice and elevate, that was about all I could do.

After the heat of the weekend, I'm happy to report it cooled down here and along with the cool down, my feet also deflated a bit. Phew. I also worked out again a few times this week which is becoming more and more of a comedy than anything else. I lifted weights twice this week, and walked once (which was miserable- the walk- oh my poor little hips). I didn't work out thursday and poor Justin got food poisoning that night so we had a rough night of tossing and turning all night so Friday was out for attempting to work out too. Probably for the best.

How I'm changing?
This question seems silly now... I'm just getting bigger, getting a tad bit more swollen and getting ready to be done with this! I really cannot believe how slow and giant I am right now. I seriously move at a snails pace, and that might even be exaggerating a bit.
 
What I'm eating?
Same old stuff. No cravings anymore and there haven't been for a long time. I will say that I am just NOT feeling meat at all so in that respect I feel a little bit more normal than I have in a long time. However, I still am totally and completely repulsed by peanut butter. I have no idea if I'll ever like it again. It's kind of sad, really, considering how much I loved it before.

Weight I'm gaining? 
I was 148.6 this week... last week was 148. Half a pound gain, pretty normal.

How I'm sleeping?
Not terrible, not great... about the same as last week. Getting up to pee a lot but also I will have 4 hour chunks where I'll sleep straight through without having to pee which is really exciting!
What's the baby doing?
-The baby is 19.25 inches, 6.3 pounds pounds or the size of a swiss chard (you know, as much as I'm not quite ready for a newborn, pushing a 6.3 pound baby out does not sound too terrible...at least to my nether region!)
-At this point, the baby would be totally fine if he came out... he's just fattening up in there and getting those lungs ready.

What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
Midwives again this week but the appointments are getting to be pretty uneventful. We've covered everything so now we just wait... and wait... and wait. I'm measuring right in line with where I should, blood pressure is fine, everything is great. So yeah, what we're doing other than little to-dos that are more me being a crazy pregnant nester is just waiting.  

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)
The end is miserable. Everyone keeps coming up and saying how great I look, especially once they find out how far along I am but who even cares? You aren't glowing anymore, you aren't reveling in your "little" bump, you ARE waddling, you are peeing every 2.5 seconds, you are swollen, and just feel disgusting everywhere. Everyone told me this would happen but I never believed it. I don't know why. I just figured that it couldn't possibly be THAT bad. Oh man. It is that bad. I think that's how you get ready for labor because you will do anything to get the kid out... I mean, it's GOT to be better than this, right? Or at least you sort of have your body back and not your cute little pre-baby body but just YOUR body where you aren't sharing it with another 7 pound human being. Maybe not at first when you're trying to recover and it is still uncomfortable as hell but you can at least breathe again, right? I guess I honestly really don't know if it's better after you have the baby (at least initially and solely from a body aspect- CLEARLY having the baby is the best part) but I will say that the end of pregnancy royally SUCKS. I know I have it pretty easy too, but WOW. I cannot believe how just downright awful it is. And I swear, if someone says to me one more time that "you are almost there!" with some cute-sy smile, I may have to have someone restrain me from slapping them. (Related: the end of pregnancy makes me VERY CRABBY).