Friday, May 18, 2012

Week 25

Week 25. Woah. And WHAAA...? How did we get so far into this?



25 weeks.


25 weeks, view #2. Um, I popped out. I thought I had popped out before, this gives a whole new definition to the word.


And 24 weeks for comparison. See? 25 weeks = pop!

How I'm feeling?
I am seriously in awe of this belly. Seriously. I kept saying there's no way I'm going to get bigger, you know, because I'm delusional. I'm definitely getting bigger. And bigger. And bigger. I think that it's entirely possible that because of this growth this week, I felt like shit. And I mean total and complete shit. Let's put it this way: on Saturday I took a nap. I literally do not remember the last time I napped. I get sick and I don't nap. I know, I'm weird, I just really don't nap. But I did this week. I was feeling awful.

I also actually officially admitted that I can't run anymore. I sort of half-ass said this last week but I thought that maybe I still could run. Again, delusional. I ran for about 2 minutes before I realized that it's over and I need to get a grip on reality. I then went back to my old friend, the bike. Still no fun, but hey it's something. I continued to lift weights this week (or rather, resumed lifting since I hadn't lifted in about 2 weeks between Hawaii and trying to get to Hawaii). I think that lifting contributed to my tiredness... my whole body hurt. A good hurt, but still. I did three straight days of pretty hard core weight lifting and then a day of cardio so I was feeling it.

I also had a resurgence of pregnancy brain or perhaps my husband is just rubbing off on me: I completely lost my keys this week. No where to be located. For a good day or more. As Justin is typically the key loser, he loved it. Turns out I left them just sitting in an open gym locker (he had driven home). Brilliant!

How I'm changing?
Well, it's official: my belly button has gone in the other direction. Pretty soon it will be fully inverted and popped out. It totally weirds me out that this happens. I guess I should take out my belly button ring soon.

Oh, and my hair is seriously THICK. Pretty awesome but not the part where it will all fall out after baby.

And another thing: my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball, or at least that is what all of the pregnancy sites tell me. REALLY? That seems HUGE. But also believable.
 
What I'm eating?
I'm eating pretty much anything at this point although I've decided once again in my pregnancy that peanut butter just doesn't sound good. Ever since we've gotten back from Hawaii, I really haven't eaten much of it which is very odd for me. Other than that, pretty much nothing notable. I was thinking the other day about my various phases of pregnancy foods. Still on a bit of a mexican kick now but we've come a long ways from the childhood foods, to the pickles, to the pitas....

Weight I'm gaining? 
139, holding steady.... I have a feeling next week is going to be the big 140 marker.

How I'm sleeping?
Pretty good, although we did get up to fly to Iowa at 2 freaking 30 am this week. That. sucked. But I was able to sleep a bit on the plane so I made it through. 


What's the baby doing?
-The baby is 13.5 inches, the size of a rutabaga and 1.5 pounds
-The baby's body parts are becoming more proportional to each other and baby fat is continuing to fill in the baby's skin.
-More and more hair is growing and it actually has color and texture
-That's about it for the kid...he's just growing and hanging out.
What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
-We went to our first baby class this week. It's a baby class that is driven for natural births (so not like the lamaze classes that most people have heard of). It was recommended by our midwives and we were thoroughly impressed. It's 3 hours every Tuesday night for 6 weeks. The first class was all about introductions and some basic birthing information. Some of the statistics they gave were just CRAZY (IE: first time moms push for 2-3 hours... really?!) I think it is going to be a great class and really help us to prepare even more for the whole process of welcoming this kid into the world.
-We also attempted to register. I say attempted because OMG. What IS all that crap? There are 400 million options of everything and half the stuff I don't even know what it is but I'm fairly sure we don't need half of it. I think I still need to research some before we're totally there on this one...

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)
I've been reading a book about breastfeeding (by Ina May Gaskin, probably the nation's most famous midwife). I've decided that I am most freaked out by the breastfeeding thing. I just had no idea that it would be so complicated. I mean, you have boobs, the baby sucks. Should be easy, right? Apparently it's not. I mean, I think we'll muddle through it but WOW. I just had no idea that it could possibly be so INVOLVED. I think I have a lot to learn in the next, well, 15-16 weeks.