Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Last day in paradise, April 30, 2012


After getting sufficiently sunburned the day before, we really didn't feel like doing a whole lot on our last day in Maui, at least in terms of being in the sun (I know, we are insane...) But I guess we sort of OD'd on sun, kind of like how in Seattle we OD on rain. So we went to the pool in the morning and actually did catch a few rays there but mostly spent the morning reading by the pool and taking occasional dips. We then decided to head here:


The Maui ocean center. It is a pretty cool place to visit to see the Maui marine life, especially if you want to see if from inside the glass versus up close and personal in the water (like yours truly who does not care for looking a fish much). After we walked around here for a while, we headed to Lahaina where we had planned to meet our friends Bryan and Michaela who happened to be vacationing on the island at the same time as us. We went to a little place called Mala Ocean Tavern that was right on the ocean in Lahaina. It was quite good especially once we got there. I made the mistake of telling Justin to park at the very south end of Lahaina assuming that this place was pretty close (I mean, it's in Lahaina, right?) Yeah, it was probably a 2.5 mile walk.... whoops. My husband loves how I give directions sometimes... I think my saving grace was that I was as miserable walking there as he was. Eventually we made it and spent a few hours with our friends having drinks and appetizers. It was perfect. We then headed back to our condo to just hang out for the evening. It was the perfect end to a fabulous week in paradise for my birthday and a pre-baby sun trip.