Friday, April 16, 2010

The official end of busy season...

is marked by April 15, the end for all CPA firms, well, at least the tax guys. But of course, we in the audit/assurance/consulting departments celebrate too because at least April 15 typically marks the end of weekends, crazy hours, and at least a LITTLE bit of a lightened workload. Sometimes. Regardless, we all celebrate anyway and this year was no different. Our firm went to Jillians across the water in Seattle and it was great fun. Pictures below:

Oops, the first party foul!

My friend Renee and I. She's an estate tax gal and super good at it... we kept ourselves sane throughout busy season by working out together and going to happy hours every friday night. Fun times with her always.

Trying to get a good picture but kept laughing at something...

And again......

The group of gorgeous girls...Krystal, the wife of one of my co-workers, me, Renee, and Shauna (another tax gal).

And our annual tradition: Washington red apple shots!

Me with a few of my co-workers on the audit side... Taylor, Rhett (another manager), Adrian, me, and Steve.

And another shot where Rhett isn't licking Taylor's ear.

And one more without Steve.

And again, just in case we didn't already get enough!

A shot of the audit people hanging out together.

Taylor and Bryan doing Irish shots (Taylor has SUPER red hair, hard to tell here, but the thought was to do a shot for the Irish because of his hair).

We ended the night with karaoke at Ozzies, a bar in Seattle. It was a really fun night. And even better that the president of our firm (also one of the founding partners) was out with us until the very end. I think he even closed down the bar! I left with Renee and her husband around 1am and the small group of people still there were still going strong. I work with a great group of people. The next day was so relaxing... worked for a few hours (meaning: cleaned my office) and spent the afternoon getting manicures/pedicures with Renee and then working out. And subsequently had my first weekend off in MONTHS. It was so awesome, I can't even describe it in words. There is absolutely nothing better than two whole days off when you haven't even had one off in several weeks. I almost didn't even know what to do with myself!

No comments: