Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sunny Seattle Fall.

This has got to be the best summer and fall I have ever experienced in my 5 years I've lived in Seattle. Technically I guess this is my sixth summer and fall since I moved here in June 2007. I have never seen anything like it and it was so unfortunate that I was grossly pregnant for the best part of it wherein which I actually said I wanted the rain back. THE HORROR. Whoever said that pregnancy does not make you crazy LIED. The fact that I actually WANTED cold and rain proves that fact. Luckily, Seattle continued to have unbelievably uncharacteristic non-rainy weather after our little guy so born so as soon as I was up and able, we began to take full advantage of it.

A few of our outings, below:


We've hiked around St Edward state park at Bastyr a few times with the babe, who sleeps right through it. This is an easy, close hike that we love and in our sleep deprived states, it's doable.


We also played tennis and introduced Owen to this sport we love. Clearly he looks thrilled.



The big boys played too!



Last weekend on our way to pick up Oliver, we took Owen for his first real hike in the cascades. Again, it was a fairly simple hike, a little over 4 miles round trip but it was about all we could handle as we are still under the control of Sire Owen in if we really get sleep or not.


At this point, Owen was not too thrilled at his stylin hiking outfit.


I carried him the whole hike and the little guy slept the WHOLE way. We made it up in 50 minutes and down in 45 or so. Not too bad for having not really hiked in MONTHS and carrying an 11 pound kiddo.


One more of me and the little guy.



And a shot of our little family minus the big boys in the mountains. (Seriously cannot get over this weather in OCTOBER).