Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Political musings

I was feeling the other day that my blog has become overrun with all things baby. I started to think about it and since my blog is a reflection of my life, this makes perfect sense as my life is dominated by all things baby and it will be, if not forever, at least pretty much exclusively for the next month since I'm home with the little guy and he is in a lot of respects still a newborn.


What does this have to do with politics?

Last night in the midst of trying to calm said screaming baby, we were watching the presidential debates.I guess I'm one of those weird people that genuinely wants what is best for this country and does not vote strictly based on party line. As such, I'm even more weird perhaps that I'm undecided in this election. I just don't know. Politics in the United States seem so corrupt...I think BOTH candidates have their good qualities (and policies) but they also have given good reason to have people extremely dislike them. Hell, I dislike both of them for some reasons (and similarily I like each of them for other reasons).

As I was sitting there watching the debate, I found myself becoming increasingly annoyed. I felt like it wasn't really a DEBATE but more of a "I'll show you up" type of conversation. I honestly felt like I was watching two high school girls fight over some guy, only in this case the guy is our COUNTRY so perhaps the candidates could have acted a little less catty for something that so many people care so much about. I truly believe that many things in this country need attention, that many things have gone wrong that need to be fixed somehow. Now, who can do that? I don't know. Granted, a debate is not going to sway my decision one way or another and I will do my due diligence in reading and studying each of these guys to decide my vote, but it's sad when at some point I feel like I'm voting based on the lesser of two evils.

At the end of the day, I decided that I think I'm going to keep my blog more "baby" oriented. It's safe, happy, and truthfully, after the current debates and all the ridiculous politics ads, I'm depressed by the state of politics in our country.