Sunday, February 19, 2012

Quiet weekend.

It's been a fairly uneventful weekend around here, which is kind of nice for a change. No new cars, no kids, no real agenda, just Justin and I hanging around. 

Friday night we decided to head over the water to Seattle for a date night at one of our old stand bys, Japonessa. It's sushi, but of course, I didn't eat the raw stuff. Only the veggie rolls and a couple of tempura rolls (all still incredibly AMAZING).  While we were waiting on a drink for Justin and a few rolls, I decided to take a few shots of my handsome date:




All in all, it was a great time! 


Yesterday we decided to go on a walk to Bellevue. We'd left Justin's truck in Bellevue Friday night when we left for sushi and we (well, at least I) wanted to go on a walk so it seemed like a good idea to walk to Bellevue to the truck. I used to run home from work all the time which was not a big deal. It ended up being a great (albeit long) walk... about 6.5-7 miles. That was fine, the only issue was that it was FREEZING. Like 40 degrees with really strong winds so the windchill was probably in the 30s. We made it, though, and of course had some great views along the water on the way. After a few errands, we made it home and settled in for the night. Today is similarly low key... some cleaning, Justin is working a bit, I imagine there might be a couple of errands and a much smaller walk later. Love weekends like this! (and also: I think this might be the first February in, I don't know, eight YEARS?, that I haven't worked on a Saturday. It is AWESOME). 

No comments: