Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The day of love.

I think anyone that has been reading this blog for a few years probably knows that I don't get too hopped up on Valentine's day. It's always seemed to be a silly "holiday" to me. Shouldn't the point be to tell your spouse or whoever is important in your life that you love them everyday? Or surprise them with hearts and kisses and gifts on just a random day just because? That's what I like, anyway. 

That being said, Justin and I had no real plans to do anything big for Valentine's day this year. We just laid low, spent the afternoon and evening together and got each other little presents. Of course, Justin did go a bit overboard but I am not complaining. It was so sweet (there I go falling prey to this sappy holiday....)


I walked in the door and there is a big cardboard box with writing all over it of all the reasons why Justin loves me (aww, I know, go barf now). Inside the box were canvas pictures of ours that he'd had blown up and formatted. They are absolutely beautiful...now, we just have to find a place to hang them.


So very cool. What a sweet and thoughtful husband I have. 


I got him a little bag of goodies for the day including little heart cakes, candies, books, wine, energy bars, and a variety of things I know he loves. 


His loot from me.


Later that evening we went on a sunset walk and it was absolutely gorgeous. Seriously, that was our view looking over the water towards Seattle with an unbelievable sunset. It was a great celebration of this day... simple and sweet, just the way I like it. 

In other news, today is Bailey's birthday- the big 17. Holy COW. I remember turning 17 like it was yesterday (does that mean I'm old now?) I remember feeling SO old then, and like I was on top of the world. Crazy how ignorant I really was, how young I really was, and how much growing up I had left to do. Also crazy that Justin was only a few years older than 17 when Bailey was born (I cannot even IMAGINE being that young with a newborn). Life is so interesting, sometimes. We are having a birthday party for Bailey when he is over here next in a couple of weekends but until then, we'll send lots of happy thoughts his way on his big day! 

No comments: