Friday, February 17, 2012

Ego boost.

Being pregnant can really screw with your head sometimes, especially in this first part when you don't really "feel" pregnant especially after all of the horrid first trimester symptoms pass. You essentially feel like you are back to your normal self, but honestly like you are just getting chunky. Clearly you KNOW you are pregnant and I'm not discounting that. But, ask any pregnant lady and they will say that this phase when you are feeling good between actually having a true "bump" is not the most pleasant, at least in terms of body image.

So, today, as I was riding up the elevator to my office, I got hit on by some guy. It was both hilarious and rewarding at the same time as I told him how much I appreciated his kind words but that I was both happily married and pregnant. He said, "there's no way you are pregnant," to which I said, "I can assure you I am" as I waved my wedding ring around. As I got off the elevator, I said, "Thank you, I hope you find what you are looking for but thank you for that little bit of an ego boost for me today. I needed it."

Hey, I'll take what I can get right now.

No comments: