Sunday, February 12, 2012

A productive weekend.

We have had quite the productive weekend. What was going to be a low key weekend turned into quite an exciting weekend. We have been thinking lately about getting a bigger car since we drive the mini a lot (much better efficiency than the truck) but when the four of us are together, the mini gets understandably cramped. As much as I have loved my mini coopers, we decided it was time to move on. 

So, last weekend we test drove some cars and yesterday we went back and drove some more after narrowing the field down. We ended up at BMW of Bellevue where, at the end of the day, it was basically our second home (SIX HOURS there, people). 


We test drove a 335d that had all the fancy packages that Justin had researched (premium, sport, la la la- I have a tendency to tune this stuff out as I just decide if it's a cute car or not and then, if it's zippy. This one was. I loved it. And also, I don't like to dwell on making decisions like this...my theory? Just do it.) So, we had decided to run the numbers to see where we'd end up if we decided to purchase it. Here is Justin as we are waiting on the sales manager and all of the head honchos to decide what they could do for us. After about an hour of back and forth arguing, we ended up with a compromise we were all happy with. I like to think we came out ahead especially since they accidentally plugged in the wrong sales price to all of the calculations (it was about $1500 lower than the actual sales price)... we all didn't notice until the end but it was their error and it worked in our favor! 


FINALLY after the arguing and the waiting and dealing with the finance people, the car was ours. Isn't it pretty? I wish I could speak more to the features it has but honestly? I really don't care a whole lot. All I pretty much all I know is that it's a 2011 335 diesel which means it has more torque/is faster (and apparently diesels are pretty highly regarded in the car industry... Sidenote: my dad used to have a diesel Mercedes so when Justin first told me diesels were cool, I remembered his clunker with a cloud of black smoke going down the highway and I thought NO WAY. I was FLOORED at how quiet, efficient and fast these new diesels are). Anyway, it also has some sports package, cold weather package (seriously, I was sold on the heated steering wheel), and premium package (which, to me, basically means it has navigation which I probably won't use much anyway). But, it's really fun to drive- in the test drive I was going 95 not flooring it and felt like I was doing 60. Again, I'm really not the person to speak to the specs of a car, like I said, Justin can say more in much more technical ways. I just think it's pretty and fun. 


A front shot. 



Me in front of the new car (name to be determined)...it's got to be some studly name, I think. (And also: it was FREEZING yesterday). 


A picture of Oliver, Justin and I with the new car and poor little Alfred, the old mini (bye little mini cooper! You will be missed! Although I do have to say, it needed about $2000 of work on it- new tires and some strange noise it was making... I don't deal well with "car problems" so it was a good time, in my opinion, to make the move for the new car). I'm a pretty lucky girl, I must say. Boys that I love and fortunate in life to be able to get cars like this. 


Me sitting in the new car (sidenote on this picture: at this point I was OVER it. We had been there almost six hours and were starving. I just wanted to go home). 


After all of the excitement of the car thing, we headed to the grocery store quickly (because we were all starving!) and then home to make homemade pizzas. Yum! 


This morning Justin and I got up bright and early before Oliver and headed out on a walk. It was a pretty nice morning out but the thing I (still) couldn't believe, was all of the buds on the trees. Um, it's mid-February? 


A shot of the lake- always beautiful. 


And one more... 

I just finished completely cleaning out my closet which was LONG overdue and Justin did some home improvement stuff as well... now, I just need to get motivated to do our taxes but that seems to be a daunting task (or scary... I know we owe!) I'm thinking curling up with a good book sounds much better. Maybe I'll go read it in the new beemer just to soak in that new car smell! 

All in all, a great weekend! 

No comments: