Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy birthday Justin!

In about 2.5 seconds you will understand the irony of the title of this post. Both the happy part and the fact that there is a birthday element involved. You see on January 25, I was 2 days into my new job and while it was going fabulous, I was just having one of those "off" days. Happens to the best of us, I guess. I'd already managed to lose my debit card somewhere and was just all kinds of out of place that day. So at around 5pm that night, I went to the gym to pick up Justin's truck to run a few last minute birthday errands (we had carpooled that day as my neighbor was borrowing my car).

Well, the particular garage that we park in has giant poles that line the interior of the garage separating the two ways of traffic. I'd like to say that some asshole was parked ridiculously bad jutting out to where I had about 3 inches in a GIANT truck to squeeze between a pole. This is quite true, however, I still made an error in judgement. I managed to miss the car but I did not miss the pole and the poor truck met the pole in quite a profound and direct way. On Justin's birthday. Happy birthday honey? 

In my defense, yes the truck is a freaking boat compared to the mini BUT I still managed to do quite a bit of damage on the poor truck. And then I had to call Justin to tell him of his not really awesome birthday present. Pictures are the proof: 


Nice yellow stripe and pole indent... check.


And one more shot... whoops. It actually is bad enough to where it is going to make the most sense to submit an insurance claim to get it fixed. 

Luckily, I have quite the patient and nice husband who was really very kind about it all. And in truth, it IS just a car that can be fixed but that doesn't make me feel like less of a shmuck. 

Once I picked him up from work and had swapped out the damaged truck with my little car I knew I wouldn't wreck, I made him a Thai dinner and we just had dinner and did a few presents at home (we'd celebrated the previous weekend with his family in a more elaborate celebration). 


I had grand plans of making a cool cake that night but I was too flustered by the pole incident so cupcakes sufficed. And no, I did not make these.


The birthday boy with his cupcakes and birthday presents (minus the little gift on this truck). Love this guy (and happy birthday honey- I promise to not run your truck into anything else!)

No comments: