Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 year in review

So, here we are, another year...2012. How is it possible? 2011 was a year of many things...many unexpected things, many wonderful things. So, to really break it down, let's revive the year in review post, shall we?


2011 started out a little rocky with a broken foot. Boo hoo. The year before I had injured my achilles severely so I was due for my yearly injury. This one happened fully while playing ping pong, although it was probably a long time coming since it was a stress fracture. I spent 3 months in that stupid boot. 


Also, in January, we took a quick trip to the sunny state of Arizona to visit friends in Phoenix and to get a dose of sunshine before hunkering down for the winter here. It was fabulous! We also celebrated Justin's 30- something birthday.


February was valentine's day and our 3 winery tour dinner. Also known as the night I attempted to wear heels to look cute, even though my foot was still broken. Despite that stupidity, this night was so much fun!


March brought about a proposal....


To have the Valente men in my life forever and ever. Of course, I said yes.


April started off racing season for Justin and the end of busy season for me, as well as my 29th birthday.


April also brought some sadness at the sudden passing of Justin's grandpa.


In May, we got a new niece, little Isla Lamb. 


...and we also started wedding planning in full force.


May was also the start of "hiking" season and we did Mount Si a couple of times to warm up for the season.


In June, we went to Justin's grandfather's memorial service...


had nice enough weather to lay on the beach and get a little color...


And went to Kansas City where we celebrated my dear friend Jill's wedding.


...and where we also got to spend some time with my family.


Of course, this meant that Justin got golf lessons, too.


In July, we celebrated the 4th, went to another wedding east of the mountains, and took our engagement pictures.


August was the start of the wedding craziness month where we spent a TON of time planning and tying down final details.


We spent time with family right before the wedding...


And of course, had the best day of our lives.


Love, Love, Love. 


The day after the wedding we partied at our favorite winery with our friends and family.


Then took off for Hawaii for a week of sun and bliss.


In September I was introduced to Cafe Flora (this DEFINITELY deserves a mention here as it is amazing!)


And we started to see signs of fall.


October brought even more fall...


And walks around the beautiful pacific northwest in all of its fall glory.


October also meant a revival of the brown hair! And our first visits to the naturopath who completely "180-ed" my life and eating style. 


In November, we had a long weekend in Leavenworth with friends where we got to play in the mountains.


We also got to spend Thanksgiving with my brother, Jon.


...even though I bought some natural candles that almost burned our house down on the day of. 


Justin also had a lump/benign tumor removed from his head and, thanks to the naturopath, I got my period for the first time in the better part of a year (DEFINITELY big news in my book!)


In December we had the first of several holiday parties with my WINOS group.


We also had beautiful weather in the northwest, strangely enough...


We also celebrated a wonderful Christmas #1 with Justin's family in Suncadia.


And then we traveled to Kansas City to spend a week with them to celebrate Christmas.


We went straight from Kansas City to the Oregon coast to ring in 2012 with friends...


And as the sun was setting on 2011...


We reflected on all that defined this special year- marriage, family, friends, and mostly, love.  2012 is going to be a year of many things. Perhaps many firsts, many memories, and much love. I always try to come up with a word that resignates with me for each year. Last year the word was passion and although I've never really put the word thing out there, I think that "passion" defines 2011 from its beginning to end. Cheers to what was 2011 and to what the year 2012 holds.  

No comments: