Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nostalgia

Several months ago when I went home to visit my parents, I was forced to go through the garage where my mom has kept our toys/papers/you name it ever since we were 2.5 days old. I was not entirely happy about this task as it meant that I would be stuck in boxes up to my elbows for DAYS! YEARS even! I mean, she saved EVERYTHING. I do appreciate this about her but how was I supposed to care what was kept or not? Well, it turned out to be an awesome experience. I found some things that just made me DIE of laughter (ahem, high school diaries- SERIOUSLY. Someone should publish these... one day I loved one boy, the next day I loved another and in the midst I was just an outright comic in what I was writing). And even (almost) better- diaries from grade school. OH MY GOODNESS. Just priceless. I will refrain from posting those here, mainly because there is just too much material to choose from, but I will leave you with these nostalgic pictures that I ran across today from when I was digging through memory lane:


Awww... my baby brother and I, probably in about 1988.


Games! Who remembers dream phone and mall madness? Those were CLASSIC. To get my mall madness game, I had to go on a treasure hunt all over our neighborhood at one of my birthday parties. It was buried in a garbage bag in my parents backyard. (Not kidding).

The REAL original rainbow brite.... loved her. Does anyone remember the show? Or wait, am I thinking of the punky brewster show? Wow, that probably dates me too....

And high school graduation memories... holy crap, the year 2000 seems so long ago now.... How did that happen??!

No comments: