Friday, August 13, 2010

Oh yes, I did.

I sort of forgot that Thursday night was a school night. Sometimes in the summer, I frequently have these lapses of judgement. Happy hour? Why not? Happy hours that turn into deep conversations and more flowing wine and 2 am bedtimes? Sweet! Especially when the alarm goes off at 5am. YEE HAW! Let's get this party started. It feels like this is a trend during the summers I've had here in Washington. Hell, every summer during my life in public accounting. Why is that?

So on thursday night, last night, this:

...An amazing bottle of merlot made in northern Washington (and seriously? CRAZY taste. It started on the palate very soft, maybe slightly oak-y but not much and then BAAMMM! It was like an explosion in your mouth of all different flavors...chocolate richness, more oak, cigar-like ish, I don't know. It was the most insane but cool merlot I have ever had. I'm doing it no justice to describe it). Anyway, it led to this:

Oh yes, Friday morning in the office. Hi, how are you? Please excuse the eyes that will barely stay open and the still somewhat bedhead. Oh and 5 hours later mid afternoon while I'm trying to work? Excuse the fact that my head is almost hitting the desk. Thanks MR. MERLOT. (Oh, but you were well worth it, it WAS friday, a day in which I typically have no grand productivity plans anyway).

No comments: