Saturday, May 16, 2009

Illness 2009

Tim worked with a partner a week or so ago who had an upper respiratory thing going on. Basically a bad cold. He was trapped in the ambulance with her all day and at the END of the day she tells him that she is sick. Lovely.

So two days later, guess who can barely stay awake all day, has a minor fever and has snot coming out of all holes in his head? (Answer is not me and the name begins with a T).

So we load up on garlic, echinechea, and vitamin C. He only had it really bad for about a day and was fine when he had to go back to work on Monday. All of this week, I've been feeling like I'm slightly under the weather but have no real symptoms (just a bit of a sore throat every now and then but nothing notable at all). I have been beefing up on vitamins to avoid getting it like he did. Well, last night against my better judgement I only got about 4 hours of sleep. So guess who woke up with snot coming out all holes of my head?

I really don't feel too bad and feel like once I sleep tonight I will be just fine. I know that I don't have it nearly as bad as Tim. And thanks to our preventative measures, Tim only had it for a couple of days and his partner said she had it for three weeks!

I guess we can't really complain when it's very short lived and we haven't had any sort of a cold in well over 8 months!

No comments: