Friday, November 9, 2007

That time of year

Today the holiday season officially started for me. I was surprised last weekend when I went to the mall and saw red and green all over the place. I was shocked when I was out running on November 1 and saw a Christmas tree in the window of someone's house. But I kind of chalked it up to overzealous marketers and crazy people who are just trying to force the holidays to come earlier and earlier every year. I mean, seriously, I still can't get my head around the fact that Halloween has already passed, it can't be almost the holiday season! I don't know where time goes...

But today, marks the beginning of the holiday season for me. When I went to Starbucks, the drink of the day was a peppermint mocha. The store was decorated in red and green with candy cane cups. There was Christmas music playing. And most importantly, the cups were the red holiday cheer cups and they put red sprinkles on my drink.

I don't know why but those red cups just do it for me. They make me happy and all warm inside... and apparently they jolt me back to reality and tell me that the holiday season IS right around the corner.

I'm not going to start to listen to the music just yet or put up a tree. I'm just going to let myself be a little bit excited about red cups and sprinkles and peppermint mochas and knowing that the holidays really ARE that close.

No comments: